Since the releasing of YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR in early 1998, it has been exactly 20 years, as a version of YAMAHA sports car, this is naturally a year to be commemorated.
In addition to the new YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR debut in the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Suzuka Baineng with the classic first-generation color scheme, of course, the YAMAHA fans will also be celebrated.
However, this time, unlike the previous YAMAHA anniversary color scheme, not only the special color, but also you can ride it directly under the track, directly fill the GYTR track accessories, and use it for a special track. The race car has a limited edition of 20 debuts.
Special for the track
In order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR, this year’s Suzuka Ba Nai YAMAHA also participated in the first-generation R1, and successfully won a four-game winning streak.
The limited-edition YZF-R1 GYRT is based on the classic color scheme of Suzuka Bain and is complemented by Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR) complete track accessories, including track-specific line sets, ECUs, CCUs, and fast throttles.
In addition to the intrinsic, the YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR is also equipped with the Ohlins FGRT219 front fork, the TTX36GP rear suspension, the fully adjustable tamper-proof head, and the 2 full-length titanium exhaust pipe, which is indispensable for high-end equipment, and the original factory. Also with Gilles tooling’s crankcase and front fork guards.
- This classic YZF Logo has created a new era of sports cars for YAMAHA for 20 years
- R1 is an optional CCU that is standard on the GYTR. The CCU can transmit vehicle information records to the tablet for analysis.
- Standard Ohlins FGRT219
- After the suspension, of course, Ohlins TTX36GP
- GYTR is simply a modification of the YAMAHA Royal Track, which is equivalent to HRC of HONDA.
- Is it possible to change the same R1 from a pocket? Then you have to go to the YAMAHA factory team technician to help.
- The carbon fiber fairing has a higher ratio than the R1M. In the figure, the R1M is used for the general plastic parts.
What is GYTR?
GYTR was originally designed by YAMAHA to provide high-performance accessories developed by original engineers for off-road vehicles such as the YZ series, in order to win.
On the other hand, the road racing part has the same support from YEC. In 2018, YAMAHA merged it’s GYTR and YEC, collectively known as Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR), to provide cross-country racing and road racing teams corresponding to the original parts of the racing, further enhancing the competitiveness of the car.
The original team technicians can build it and start at the end
Do you think that those things are bought, can you get the same R1? That would be a big mistake. These YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR are all installed by YAMAHA team technicians.
The fairings with Suzuka Baines are also carbon fiber products and compared to the R1M, some of the YAMAHA YZF-R1 GYTR carbon fiber is compared with the built-in plastic parts.
The ratio is higher, and after the assembly is completed, the engine is used for running-in and suspension settings. When you get this YZF-R1 GYTR, the car is ready to go down the track.
- There is a 20th-anniversary logo on the fuel tank, and the upper triangle is also limited in number.
- Although the original information did not say, but also from the prototype car with Brembo calipers and T Drive disc.
- The water tank also looks bigger than the original one
- The original R1 Logo, the most modern and modern equipment.
Yamaha YZF-R1 GYTR Exhibition
The YZF-R1 GYTR exhibited at EICMA is a prototype model. The detailed specifications and pricing will be announced in mid-December, but we can see from the prototype that this limited edition of the YZF-R1 GYTR is only 20 units.
In addition to the equipment mentioned in the factory, it also carries the Brembo brake system, the water tank, and the water tank net, the handle guard bow, the brake lever adjuster that extends to the left side, etc.
Of course, these specifications may change, but what can be expected is Compared with the Race Base model launched by YAMAHA in the past, the limited Yamaha YZF-R1 GYTR is the real original factory to change the full race car.