In the Chinese social network Weibo, the technical characteristics of the Samsung Galaxy S10 are highlighted, and in some detail. This is a modification of SM-G9700, intended for the local market. This is not to say that this list is something very surprised, but he put an end to several disputes at once.
So Let’s Go
First, this version of the Galaxy S10 is based on the Snapdragon 8150 mobile processor (SDM8150), which confirms the rumors that the Qualcomm top chipset numbering has changed. It was expected earlier that this chip would be called Snapdragon 855.
What is the ramming of the series-connected with – so far is a mystery? The same list of characteristics from Weibo The characteristics of the Snapdragon 8150 itself are known only approximately. It is reported that it includes eight custom processor cores Kryo.
Of these, the first four powerful “Gold” are modified ARM Cortex-A76 with a frequency of 2.6 GHz, and the rest “Silver” – modified Cortex-A55 @ 1.7 GHz.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 front camera is worth mentioning. According to data from Weibo, it is also double and includes a pair of sensors with a resolution of 16 Mp (aperture f / 1.9) and 8 Mp (aperture f / 1.9).
The principle of its work is not quite clear. Perhaps the second 8-megapixel module is responsible for measuring the depth of space.
It will be based on an infrared emitter, suggesting a grid of 45 thousand points, which are then read using the front camera.
Whether this is true or not is yet to be verified. Returning to the discussed leak. In terms of battery capacity, the Galaxy S10 does not greatly exceed its predecessor: 3190 mAh vs. 3000 mAh.
To charge your smartphone and synchronize data using USB Type-C port. Apparently, it also supports connecting external OTG devices.
Specifications Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G9700)
Some of the parameters are filled based on the Weibo leak mentioned above, some are based on information from other sources. In any case, the list does not claim 100% accuracy and is published solely for informational purposes.
- Battery and autonomy
- Physical parameters
- Chipset = Qualcomm Snapdragon 8150 (SDM8150) Octa Core
- CPU = 4 x Kryo 4xx Gold @ 2.60 GHz (derived from ARM Cortex-A76) 4 x Kryo 4xx Silver @ 1.70 GHz (derived from ARM Cortex-A55)
- 64 bit = Yes
- Graphics = Adreno 650 @ 650 MHz
- NPU = Yes
- Technical process = 7 nm FinFET
* It is possible that the list of countries to which the Samsd Galaxy S10 based on the Snapdragon 855 will be shipped can be expanded. ** NPU (Neural Processing Unit) is a neural processor, also sometimes called an artificial intelligence accelerator.
- RAM 6 Gb
- LPDDR4 (Quad Channel)
- Flash 128 Gb – UFS 2.1
- Memory card Yes (microSD), up to 512 Gb
- Resolution 1440 x 2960 (Wide QHD +)
- Aspect ratio of 9 to 18.5
- Screen Type Super AMOLED
- 80-inch diagonal
- Screen area 84.8 cm2
- Pixel density ~ 570 ppi
- Protection Shockproof protective glass
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Other Curved side faces
- Communication standards GSM.
- CDMA, UMTS, TD-SCDMA, LTE, 5G * 5G
- Support Up to 5 Gbps
- Support LTE Category-21 DL /
- Category-18 UL
- LTE speed of 1400 Mbps (data download), 200 Mbps (data transfer)
- Number of SIM-cards 1/2
- Type of SIM-cards Nano SIM
* The exact set of standards and frequencies supported varies by country and operator.
- WiFi IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ad, dual-band (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz), hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth v5.0 GPS Navigation, A-GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, Barometer, Vibrating Motor
- NFC Yes
- MST Yes
- Samsung Pay Yes
- Infrared No
- FM radio No (but there is a chance)
- 5 mm audio Yes
- USB USB Type-C, OTG
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyroscope,
- Hall sensor, light sensor, proximity sensor, electronic compass, pulse sensor
- Fingerprint scanner Yes (built into the screen, ultrasound) Face scanner (Face ID) Yes (front, 3D)
- Iris scanner (IRIS) Yes (front)
- Main camera 12.0 Mp (aperture f / 1.5) + 16.0 Mp (f / 1.9)
- Parameters of the main camera Autofocus: phase.
- Zoom: 3x. Image Stabilization: OIS.
- Dual-tone LED flash Front camera 16.0 Mp (aperture f / 1.9) + 8.0 Mp (aperture f / 1.9)
Battery and Autonomy
- Battery Capacity: 3190 mAh Type: Li-ion
- Removable: No
- Fast charge Yes
- (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Wireless charging Yes
- (Qi, PMA)
- Operating system Android 9.0 (Pie) Shell
- Samsung Experience 10.0
- Bixby Voice Assistant, Google Assistant
- Upgrade by air (OTA) Yes
- IM Video Formats M4V, MKV, MP4 Audio Formats AAC, AMR, APE, FLAC, MP3
- Graphic Formats BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG
- Form Factor Phablet
- Sizes? x? x? mm
- Weight? g IP68 protection, impact resistant glass from Corning on both sides
- Color No data
In addition to the full frameless future Samsung Galaxy S10 can get a fingerprint scanner, built-in screen. Earlier, Samsung confirmed the testing of this technology, but plan to use it only when it meets all the requirements of the company. Probably, the manufacturer intends to finalize this method of unlocking the release of a new flagship.
The presentation of the live stream here on February 20th, 2019. According to rumors, the smartphone will be presented in three versions at once, one of which will receive a flat screen without rounding the sides.