Fallout 4 crash on startup and you don’t know what you did to cause the problem? Do not worry! There are solutions to solve the problem. This article presents 5 easy ways to fix Fallout 4 crash on startup.
Why does Fallout 4 crash on startup?
The reasons that cause Fallout 4 to crash can be different: for some players, Fallout 4 crashes at boot time, and for some Fallout 4 crashes after a few minutes.
But generally speaking, Fallout 4 crashes due to video resolution, problems with the graphics card or hardware problems.
How to fix Fallout 4 crash on startup?
- Install the latest patch
- Set the graphics settings to low
- Update your video driver
- Temporarily disable the antivirus program
- Set options in your Fallout 4
Install the latest patch
Errors in the game can lead to a crash, so developers continue to release the latest updates for the game. Updates contain important changes to improve the performance, stability, and security of applications that run on your computer. Installing them ensures that your software continues to work safely and efficiently.
Therefore, you should check the latest patch for Fallout 4 on your computer and install the latest patch to keep your game up to date.
After the upgrade, restart your computer and open Fallout 4 to see if the crash issues have been fixed.
Set the graphics settings to low
As you may know, the video settings in your game may cause Fallout 4 to crash on your Windows computer, so you should pay attention to the graphics settings in Fallout 4 to solve this problem.
You can set your Fallout 4 to Windowed mode, as well as adjust the video settings using the settings below. It depends on a combination of computers, hardware, and software, so we will not consider it here.
Update your video card driver
A missing or outdated video card driver may cause Fallout 4 to crash, so make sure the video card and its driver are working correctly. There are two ways to update the video driver: manually and automatically.
You can update the drivers manually from the manufacturer’s website, download the latest version of the correct driver and install it on your computer. It takes time and computer skills.
If you do not have the time, patience or computer skills to manually update drivers, you can instead do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You do not need to worry about an installation error.
You can update drivers automatically using the FREE or professional version of Driver Easy. But in the Pro version, it only takes 2 clicks.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Launch Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your PC and detect driver problems.
- Click the Update button next to the marked graphics device to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this using the FREE version). Then install it on your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all drivers that are missing or outdated on your system (this requires the Pro version – you will be prompted to update when you click Update All).
Temporarily disable the antivirus program
As you know, the antivirus program on your computer may not be compatible with your Steam games, including Fallout 4. Thus, you can check your antivirus program. To do this, follow these steps:
1) Temporarily disable the antivirus software installed on your computer.
2) Open your Fallout 4 on your computer to see if it works.
3) If your Fallout 4 resumes, this should be a problem with your antivirus program, and you should add Fallout 4 to the exception in your antivirus program.
If the problem persists, try the following method.
Configure the settings in your Fallout 4
Sometimes incorrect settings in Fallout 4 can cause a crash problem. You should check the settings below:
1) Check your computer resolution and the resolution set in Fallout 4, and make sure that both resolutions are the same.
2) Go to the Graphics adapter and resolution in the settings of Fallout 4 and check the Window mode as well as unlimited.
3) Uncheck the Enable intro video box (or check Disable intro video) in your Fallout 4 settings.
4) Uncheck the Enable God of Rays box in your Fallout 4 settings.
Save the settings and restart Fallout 4 to see if it works now.
These are the 5 easy solutions to fix Fallout 4 crashes on startup. If you have any questions, feel free to leave comments below.