Best Media Players for Windows: Many people may think of it as a comparison guide, but that is not the case. The purpose of this article is to make sure that the best media players for Windows are described in detail with their highlighted features.
Watching movies is the most important activity of love and pleasure; while some of us watch movies for recreational purposes, many people do it for the passion they have for the film.
It is safe to say that we want to have a great experience when we watch a movie to enjoy it. Theaters are always the best choice for the majority.
However, sometimes watching a movie in a movie theater is not as accessible. Sometimes you just want to sit on your couch and watch a movie on your desk or on your laptop.
It is perfectly reasonable and pleasant if you are comfortable. Sometimes you just want to sit on your couch and watch a movie on your desk or on your laptop. It is quite rational and enjoyable if you are comfortable.
Here are the free media players for Windows
Best Media Players for Windows in 2019
This list will help readers make the right decision when choosing the best media players; they want to watch the movies. Each media player has a distinct set of features, which makes them slightly different from each other.
1. VLC Media Player (Free)
VLC Media Player is at the top of the best media players for windows in 2019 list. An interesting fact about the VLC media player, which has been around since 1996, at a time when technology was still improving. Excluding this fantastic media player from the list would have been an unfair thing and the reason is quite simple.
There is a multitude of features that make the VLC Media Player the first choice for many people, to start with:
- Full open source.
- The player supports multiple formats.
- Supports subtitles and offers subtitle downloads.
- Extremely light on resources.
- Simple to use and easy to understand.
These features have made the VLC player a fan favorite for years and the user base is growing. Despite being an old software, it continues to receive updates today. VLC Media Player is perhaps one of the best substitutes for Windows Media Player and easily becomes the best media player for Windows.
2. 5KPlayer free media player for Windows
The 5KPlayer could almost be considered the newcomer, and nowadays it’s not bad at all. Since we have reached a point where it is difficult to find something innovative or different, it is difficult for newcomers to find their place in the industry.
The good thing about 5KPlayer is not the case, because the software contains enough features that will allow you to stay in the area for a while. The most notable features are supported for 5K playback and support for Apple AirPlay. Another thing is that the software is available for Mac OS, as well as for Windows and that the overall support and fluency at all levels remain the same.
I’m in love with the number of features you get with the 5KPlayer, and the fact that the software does not give you the impression that your computer has slowed down is an added bonus. Keep in mind that if you use it for the first time, you may have trouble exploring the software properly and finding all the features, but once you get used to it, you should not have a problem anymore.
- You get an excellent set of features.
- The 5KPlayer does not use your resources.
- Supports almost all video formats.
- 5K video playback is an amazing feature
- The initial experience can be a bit confusing
PotPlayer also free media player for windows in 2019. PotPlayer, formerly developed by Daum, but now run by Kakao, is a less-known South Korean media player. If VLC did not have such a strong brand, PotPlayer would likely be a candidate to be the king of free media players.
The two share a lot in common. They both serve as simple all-in-one solutions for users who simply want to install something and do everything immediately.
But unlike VLC, which may have problems when using larger files or advanced video formats, PotPlayer still works. If you’re watching mostly Blu-ray videos, choose PotPlayer.
Also, if you want to change the options and customize as you please, PotPlayer lets you. In fact, you’ll find more settings than VLC, and many advanced features, such as scene previews, bookmarks, clip recording, and more.
And most importantly, at least in my case, it uses fewer resources than VLC. For now, it is only supported on Windows, but I have no doubt that other systems will be available soon.
4. Media Player Classic
Is it still necessary to present it? This is a free software, opensource, lightweight, very complete, supporting WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, in short an alternative of choice to Windows Media Player, even if I personally do not like his interface.
The advantage of MPC, with hindsight, is threefold:
- on the one hand, it is compatible with almost all files
- it’s not a gas plant, it’s light
- finally it is not at all intrusive: in other words, it does not try to push you to do anything (purchase, download of proprietary content, etc.)
HIS ADD-ON “HOME CINEMA” HC:
- – An option to remove the tear
- – Supports all languages
- – Additional video decoders and in particular H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support
- – Better support for Windows, including a 64-bit platform upgrade
- – Support for EVR interpreters
- – Bugs and Vulnerability Fixes
5. Real Player – Free Media Player
RealPlayer is one of the oldest and free media players for windows in 2019 on the market, and it will hold. It exists since the last update of Windows XP. Unlike other players I have checked over time, RealPlayer is a freemium media player for Windows.
You can get the free version, or you can pay monthly to get the paid version containing advanced features and additional storage space. Speaking of features, RealPlayer is one of the most feature-rich media players for Windows. Some notable features are:
- Allows you to store videos and share them via a cloud service.
- Function to broadcast your content on HDTVs if you wish.
- Allows you to keep bookmarks.
RealPlayer does not have to go to great lengths to create a brand in a catalog where many media players are already available. It’s simple, practical and works well.
6. Plex Media Server free media player for Windows
In 2015, Plex made a big change and replaced its Plex Home Theater with its new Plex Media Player.
Plex allows you to easily manage your large collection of media, which can include videos, TV shows, movies, photos, personal videos, and music, etc. She organizes your collections and makes them beautiful.
With its easy-to-share nature, you can choose what needs to be made public and give access to your family. Plex supports almost all types of files, including hi-fi music and video formats.
As it is supported by Chromecast, you can stream the videos on your biggest TV screen.
Use this app to streamline your video content library and also benefit from a feature-rich media player. Plex is supported on most of the media platforms every day.
7. GOM Player
GOM Player is one of the best media players for Windows in 2019. A reader all in orange color, which is distinguished by its desire to be very easy to handle. Intended for the general public, it does not require any codec addition, everything is included.
For those who do not want to take the lead. I had abandoned it because I found it too limited, but I recognize that when we are in a hurry and we just want to read a multimedia file neither more nor less, Gom Player does very well and this very lightly.
An excellent little tool that, in addition, manages the subtitles and can even change “skin” if you wish.
8. Portal Media – Best Media Player
Portal Media opensource software, it allows you to listen to music and radio, watch and store videos and DVDs, display a calendar and record live TV as a digital video recorder. Media Portal, you understand, is specialized in playing online videos also called “streaming videos”, but not that: if you opt for him, you can play all your videos, audio files, and BLU-RAY.
– Since the freeze of its features on October 1, 2009, MediaPortal has far exceeded the final phase of development. Since then, the team has strengthened the battery of its online features by making Media Portal a true digital video recorder capable of reading and recording television channels.
Universal Media Player or UMPlayer is the best media player for Windows that is recommended by many people for the fact that it is lightweight.
In addition, the media player is also worry-free for people looking for this experience and has decent features.
Features are something that many consider essential. However, the truth is that these features can complicate your experience and even alienate it to some extent. Nevertheless, UMPlayer has some decent features, for starters.
- The media player is open source.
- It supports several codecs.
- Wide-format support
- You can choose the media source for multiple services such as YouTube.
These features are enough to make UMPlayer one of the most popular media players available on the market at the moment.
You may be wondering what strange names some of the best media players have on the list, and that’s fine. The real purpose of these media players is to provide an optimal experience for watching movies or any other video content.
SMPlayer brings simplicity and a smart mix of features directly to your desktop.
- The user interface is simple and can be customized.
- Allows you to play videos directly from YouTube.
- SMPlayer has built-in codec support.
- Supports subtitles and searches for them as well.
- Can use hardware acceleration.
The media player is also open source, allowing other developers to introduce more code changes, making it even better for the community.
11. Kodi – Best Media Player
Kodi, formerly known as XBMC, is a free and open-source best media player. It’s a highly customizable media player that you can use on your laptop or desktop to get a very complete multimedia experience.
In case you are missing Windows Media Center on Windows 10, Kodi is a great alternative. This competitor for the best media player for streaming is even better if you use it with a larger external display because of its 10-foot user interface.
Kodi plays almost every video, music, podcast and other popular digital media stored locally or on the Internet. Initially, Kodi was independently developed and named Xbox Media Center for the 1st generation Xbox game console.
This recommended media player also has plug-ins that can be used to extend its functionality and include features like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Veoh, and more.
12. BS. Player
BS Player is the best media player for windows. Simple at first glance, however quite a functional player with integrated sets of codecs.
The player is able to significantly surpass many modern media players, although it was developed quite a while ago – about 14 years ago its first version first appeared.
The program can work with video and audio documents of various extensions, and the full list of supported formats is provided in the “file types” section.
The equalizer is built-in, it includes seven bands, and the frequencies are tuned only in general terms, however, this is quite enough to get a good sound.
Users note the special processing of the video so that viewing becomes even more comfortable and enjoyable. The loading of RAM and a video card is minimal no matter how heavy the video is playing.
- Completely free application;
- Minor system requirements
- You can control using the multimedia keyboard;
- The program can work with video recorded on digital cameras of Panasonic, Canon, Sony and JVC brands;
- If the image and text are embedded in the audio, then during playback they will also be displayed on the screen;
- The interface supports the Russian language.
- The presence of advertising (if necessary, it can be easily removed);
- Some translation inaccuracies.
13. SM Player
A functional multi-platform program that can work not only with Windows but also with Linux. The engine used here is the MPlayer framework, so the application is able to work with most of the available formats, both audio and video.
One of the most useful features of this best media player is to save the settings of all files that were played with it.
If for any reason the user interrupted the viewing of the movie and closed the program, then the next time it starts, it will start from the moment it was stopped.
In addition, all settings for subtitles, audio channels, and volume indicators will be loaded automatically. If necessary, you can configure the system of hotkeys, adjust the font size of the subtitles, their color.
The developers provided for the production of negative versions of songs by removing vocals from them.
You can speed up the playback process in 2, 4, etc. time. Sound and subtitles are synchronized in automatic format.
The application has a built-in browser with limited action, with which you can watch videos on the YouTube portal.
If desired, the reproduced video can be scaled and the aspect ratio changed, fitting them to the diagonal of your own monitor.
Benefits of best media player for windows
- Convenient and intuitive interface, fully translated into Russian;
- You can watch videos online and listen to Internet radio stations;
- The toolbar is customizable according to user preferences;
- The program remembers the settings of each of the played files;
- Sound and subtitles can be delayed to optimally synchronize them with the picture;
- Support for compact or full-screen mode;
- Video can be rotated, flipped, played in mirror format;
- Works with all existing codecs.
- Improving the quality in one click does not work – for this, you will have to configure the settings manually;
- Does not read specific formats like m2ts.
Well, this concludes the list Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, 11 of the best media players for Windows have passed the test.
We have covered almost all the fantastic media players that you can download, while most of them are available for free. There is a couple that comes in both free and paid versions.
If you think we may have missed another great best media players for Windows. Do not hesitate to let us know and we will verify it.